CrispAds Blog Ads

Vacation Packages
Travel Flight Tickets
Insurance Liability Coverage
Finance Credit Bonds
Credit Debt Consolidation
Dartmouth College History
Stones Concert Dates
Sales Marketing Jobs
Health Education Job
Colorado Mortgage Broker
Search Now:

    Coming Soon


      Hit me with an email


Saturday, September 23, 2006

Long Overdue Update

Whether you are a faithful reader, stopping by to see if the faithless have left something new or you've just wandered into this dark closet from some more vibrant and healthy part of the blogosphere, welcome to the ruins of the Frogosphere. For a while now, I've wanted to post a personal update and give explanation for my abrupt disappearance.

It has been a busy year; we are on year three of the renovation/remodel/addition (I've taken a crash course in drywall, tile and stonework, concrete countertop fabrication and other various and sundry subjects), I've spent the better part of 5 months traveling for business, and most importantly tried to be the best husband and father that I can be.

About this time last year, I was returning to work full time after recuperating from an ACL reconstruction. The ramp up was quick and between everything, my children it seemed to take it the hardest. At one point my oldest son asked me why I never had time to play with him anymore. Wow, talk about a reality check; I could almost hear Harry Chapin playing in the background.

At that point I realized that something had to go. I felt bad for leaving Matt to go it alone but I realized that he would probably get over it and my children probably wouldn't. While blogging was great and I sorely miss having the outlet and the discussion (many of my friends and colleagues don't know or care that Senator McCain is a wiener) I can in no way justify the 1-2 hours required every day just to stay relevant. And as moderation has never been my long suit an early retirement seemed the best option.

One thing about retirement though, it is boring. I miss the Frogosphere! With the election season approaching and stupidity seemingly rampant, I may allow myself some limited blogging. So without any promises, I'm going to try to kick this pig - in moderation.